These are the ethical standards that members of the
Computer Consultants of St. Louis (CCSL) uphold as essential not
only for members, but for the computer consulting industry as a whole:
- A CCSL member will put the client's interests first when making professional recommendations or performing work under contract.
CCSL member will disclose the existence of any interest, such as a
sales commission, when making recommendations on a client's purchases.
- A CCSL member will divulge any potential conflicts of interest prior to accepting a contract.
- A CCSL member will never misrepresent any professional or contractual matters.
- A CCSL member will only use, install, or resell fully licensed software.
- A CCSL member will ensure that a project can be completed in a professional manner and timely fashion.
CCSL member will keep the client informed of any matters detrimental to
the project even if they reflect unfavorably on the consultant.
- A CCSL member will safeguard the client's confidential information or documents.